Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,
Well, this week has been pretty good. Things are pretty slow because it is summer and finals are this next week. But, we talked to some pretty interesting people. I met a man from Pakistan who seemed interested, but we wouldn't teach him because he is a male and over the age of 30. We, along with the elders, have talked to this girl named Janelle who has started reading the Book of Mormon and has also watched the Restoration. She loves them both and is pretty interested. She is married, though, so neither sets of us will be teaching her. We also taught a 17 year old girl this week. I'm not sure if we will teach her because she is 17 and still in high school. That is one of the toughest things here. We are to focus on the singles ward age range of people, so we are to particularly look for 18-30 year old female singles. It makes it hard to even want to talk to anyone else becuase we won't be teaching them, but we have to.
Here are some of the neat things about here on Campus. We do service at the Ronald McDonald house every week. It is really cool. It is like running a bed and breakfast for people who have children in the hospital here. They are really nice and they have had missionaries doing service there for quite a while. They really like us, too. The fun things about doing service there is that we get to ride our bikes there. For the second time on my mission I got to ride my bike. I was really out of shape, but there is a trick to bike riding and I'm going to learn it. It was so much fun to ride a bike again. We were wearing pants becuase we were going to do service, so there was no skirt involved.
Another fun thing is they have squirrels all over campus. I don't think I have ever seen so many. One thing that is kind of a fun game to play is tag with the squirrels. It is hard, but I tagged my first squirrel this last week. One of the elders has been trying for 7 weeks and hasn't gotten it, so that was a pretty exciting thing for us missionaries. Don't worry though. I won't get rabies. I don't plan on tagging any more.
Did you know that at FSU you can major in Circus? I didn't either, but you can. I think Janet should come to FSU instead of going to BYU and do the circus. They put shows on, and I hear they even have a big tent during the year. Maybe I'll get the chance to go and see them practice sometime while I am here. I'll let you know.
So, we haven't moved yet because of a switch up, but hopefully this week we will be moving into a different apartment than originally planned. It is a lot nicer and it has a washer and dryer. The place we are at now doesn't so we have to pay. But, next week we will have a washer and dryer! I am so excited. Our address will be:
105 Fifield Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32304
It is going to be so nice to move because I still haven't unpacked most of my stuff, just what I need to survive on.
I think that is about all. Hopefully, this next week there will be a little more excitment. If not, I'll find some more cool information about FSU to share with y'all. I love you!
Love, Joanna

No comments: