Monday, June 2, 2008

Dear Family,

We had a pretty good week. Our Zone Conference in Marianna, Florida was really good. We had some excellent training from Brother Droubay about what we can do to increase our effectiveness as missionaries. He also gave us some really important insights on Preach My Gospel and how to use it and what the Apostles had to do with it being how it is. It was really good. Listening to Brother Droubay talk about how Preach My Gospel came to be, you can definitely tell that this Church is lead by prophets and apostles. It really is an inspired manual. Sister Leafa and I went to Marianna Tuesday night so we wouldn't have to get up so early in the morning. It was really nice. We got to stay in a hotel, which isn't something most missionaries get. The sisters in Troy also came down. In the morning we helped SIster Summerhays with some things she needed to do.

We went and saw George this week. We talked about getting baptized and he said he knew it was what he should do. The next time we went to see him, he told us he had something he wanted to talk to us about. He said that his niece and nephew also wanted to get baptized! We were afraid that he was going to drop us and not want to learn more, but what he said was so much better! We were really excited. He is so eager to learn and has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. That was perhaps the highlight of my week. We are going to try and get in contact with his niece and nephew this week.

Other than that it was pretty much missionary work all week. It was kind of a strange week with p-day on Tuesday and then being in Marianna, but we made it through. It is getting pretty hot. It was 97 degrees yesterday afternoon. It makes it really uncomfortable to tract and teach lessons in homes where they don't have air conditioning, but it is manageable. We just always crank the air conditioning up really high when we get into the car and carry lots of water.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. I thought for sure we would take some on Wednesday, but we didn't. We are going fishing this afternoon, so I'll probably take some then. And, I got a wedding announcement from Jason. I can't believe that Katie is getting married, too. It's crazy to think of everyone that is getting married. Soon, I'm going to be the oldest one not married. Oh well.

I hope everything goes well with Casie's baptism. You'll have to tell me all about it next week. Soon I should be able to tell you about one of our baptisms, too.

Well, I love you all! I hope everything goes well this week at home and with everyone.

Love, Joanna

No comments: