Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shoes, Glorious Shoes


Shoes really can change your life. Let me tell you about some shoes that have changed mine.

1. The cow shoes. I know you sisters and mom will remember these shoes. They were some of the first heels I owned. They were such a deal at Cato's and helped me see the light about how wonderful high heels are. Emily loving described these shoes as immoral (she'd been home from her mission for a week, I think) and 'the cow shoes'. That name stuck.

2. The moccasin slippers. I bought them during my junior year at BYU because I needed some slippers and didn't want the type without a back. I instantly fell in love and would always hate the time I'd have to go to class or work because I'd have to change into real shoes. Eventually, I decided I'd just wear them all the time. They were one of my two luxury items on my mission and are still holding strong. In fact, I am wearing them as I type this blog.

3. THE flip flops. Brown. Turquoise. Foam. Who wouldn't love them? Not Janet, because she had the exact same pair. Together we have loved these flip-flops. Occasionaly, we have gotten them confused. This summer we looked for replacements for the best flip flops ever, and sadly no flip flop will ever live up to the greatness of these flip flops. I can't wait for warmer weather to start wearing them again.

4. The gray and blue Adidas tennis shoes. I learned to love running in those shoes. They were so great I had them for four years. Eventually, they became my work shoes at veg prep, so everyday I could look forward to comfort of such a wonderful pair of shoes. Sadly, there came a day when I had to throw them and all the dried up food on the bottom of them away.

5. My brown Mudd missionary shoes. I wore them straight through in nine months, but my feet have never been happier. The scriptures mention feet in reference to declaring the 'good news' and these shoes were with me as I had some of the greatest experiences of my mission. While I loved them for being really cute, I will love them forever because of the miracles I saw while I had them.

Cinderella had it right.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Did you lingerie shoes not change your life?

Janet said...

I need new flip-flops! mine are almost completely worn through. sad.

Devri said...

Were those the Mudd shoes you bought when you were with me? Did you end up buying them? I don't remember the details, but I do remember looking at some cute Mudd shoes.

And boy do I remember those moccasins!

Margaret said...

Spoken like a true Allred!

Sarah said...

I usually am pretty hard on shoes, and I wear them for awhile, so I think buying new shoes is a life changing experience.

Shannon said...

I love this post! Very cute, although I think you should add in a picture of each pair. Luckily, I know most of them.

So, I picked up a pair of ZEBRA striped shoes at Kohl's the other day, I wonder what Emily would think of those? ;)

Emily said...

Zebra shoes? Egads!

The Ben Joslin said...

This stream of comments has too much estrogen.

BTW, Joanna, those black shoes you wore on Sunday were really nice! (Sorry for thinking the flower was actually a tumorous shoe growth.)

You all forgot to mention this pair of shoes that Joanna has:

http://www.shoeseria.com/info/spring-and-summer-by-dolce-gabbana/

Margaret said...

Haha!

Shannon said...

Haha, I believe those were the shoes she left on her mission. Ya know, to pass down to the newbies. :)