Saturday, November 14, 2009

2012

Last night Ben and I went out and saw the new movie, 2012. It was a fine movie if you like movies where the world is about to end, lots of things being destroyed, and John Cusack (which I kept thinking about his role in Serendipity the whole time and couldn't really take his character seriously). None of this was a major draw for me. In fact, I probably would have fallen asleep except my "pillow" had to get up and use the bathroom right as I was ready to close my eyes long enough to let sleep come.

However, during the entire movie I just kept feeling sorry for people who think that the world really is going to end like that. While the exact time and events are still unknown, I'm not too worried about it. It's called the "great and dreadful day"for a reason: great for some, dreadful for others.

Next time Ben and I hit the movie theater, I'll be ready for something a little less exciting and something a little more Joanna-esque. Like New Moon. Or Princess Diaries III (if it ever happens).

6 comments:

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

I'm sure Ben will be looking forward to Princess Diaries III!

Janet said...

you can just invite me to watch pd 3 with you.

The Ben Joslin said...

If Joanna is going to see the "Princess Diaries 3", then I will be looking foward to it too!
. . . . As long as she is looking forward to watching Star Trek with me!

Shannon said...

Oohh, we want to see that one! (We like those types of movies.)

You guys should come here this weekend so we can double and see New Moon. Just a thought. :)

The Ben Joslin said...

Shannon, that will depend on Joanna's work schedule . . .and, of course, what date/time you guys are going to see the movie. . . .