Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Joanna's got talent

There are lots of talent-based shows on TV these days. But, who needs a TV show to tell you what your talents are when you can go to church and have a lesson on talents? The Gospel Principles lesson was on Talents this week and part of the activity included making a list of our talents. Here is what I came up with:

1. Making food. Pretty much I could be The Next Food Network Star because of my awesomeness in cooking. Mom, Dad, and Janet can vouch for me since they ate my food every week this summer.

2. Listening and understanding others needs/feelings. I had lots of practice with this one on my mission. People still turn to me to when they need to talk and someone to listen.

3. Doing things with my hands. Whether it is crafting or hair cutting or anything in between, my hands are a very useful tool.

4. I can teach. I guess that is why people think I should be a history teacher.

5. I can jump over couches and slide across floors. My roommates informed this was a talent my sophomore year.

6. I can whistle. After my freshman year, Mom said that she missed my whistling. I guess Sas and Jan just weren't good enough.

This, of course, is just the beginning of all the wonderful talents I possess. We also had to make a list of talents we wanted to develop. Here is a brief list of those:

1. Learn to really play the piano.

2. Learn to sing alto. This one could be difficult because my voice just doesn't reach the lowest notes.

3. Improve my running. I want to be where I was before my mission.

4. Be the First Lady or the next Martha Stewart. This might be more of a goal than a talent, but talent is definitely necessary for both.

So, that's what you'll find me working on. One day I might just develop these talents.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Should we have some kind of cooking competition over Thanksgiving? I'm prepared to amaze and astound with my cooking talents!

Margaret said...

You could be way better than Martha Stewart!! To be First Lady, you need a potential President. Know any aspiring politicians?

Margaret said...

Considering today's moral and political climate, I should probably amend that to "Know any SINGLE aspiring politicians?"

Sarah said...

To be where you were before the mission would take a lot of running talent since you were in Utah

Shannon said...

You are just one talented lady Joanna! :)