Friday, October 23, 2009

Co-Workers

During one of my first days of work at Kirkland's, someone said, "Everyone here has their own personality." Boy is that true! Tonight I had an awesome (and by awesome I mean the I-seriously-cannot-believe-there is-anyone-so-immature-as-you awesome) experience working with my co-workers. One is for sure going to give me lots of practice in being more patient. But, I have been quite satisfied with my co-workers.

After having worked at BYU and then going straight on my mission I was used to being around people who, for the most part, shared similar beliefs, ideas, standards, etc. Not any more! While they might not be my ideal choice of people to spend 4-8 hours a day with, the majority of my co-workers are great! They have been patient as I continue to learn every single item of merchandise in the store, where it all goes, and what all the codes mean. They have been respectful of me not working on Sundays. They have let me work over 20 hours each week.

When I eventually leave Kirkland's I will miss those co-workers. But, until it happens, I guess I'll be trying really hard to NOT tell my co-worker to grow up and act her age.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm glad you're so OLD and mature!