Monday, September 21, 2009

This weekend there was a YSA Conference hosted by my ward. It was my first ever YSA Conference, so I was a little hesitant about going. I still went determined that I would have a good time. And, I did! Here is a brief rundown of all the exciting things.

1. Sister Julie B. Beck was the main speaker. Friday night she spoke and then had classes Saturday morning for the women. It was less formal than a Conference talk but good nonetheless.

2. We colored counting books for orphanages. It was all great until we realized the watermelons we colored were actually pizzas. But, kids in orphanages won't mind will they?

3. I saw Wausau people. It was fun to see them again. What wasn't fun was Lacey's unfortunate fainting incidents which ended her up in the hospital.

4. Saturday night ended with a Mississippi River boat cruise. I was afraid the boat would make me a little seasick, but I managed to keep it all together. It was a good time to meet and talk to lots of people. Even the dancing was fun!

5. I finally met the Holts, who I have heard a fair amount about. They spoke on Sunday about making decisions and being a good RM two years after your mission.

I had a fun weekend and look forward to lots of other fun activities.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad you had fun!

Sammi said...

It was so much fun seeing you! Quick question for you. My friend Beth, the one that's going to your mission, wants to talk to you to see what she needs to bring and just to get some advice and all that jazz. So, if you want to give me your email or something, that would be fantastic! You can just email me and give it to me or something. I mean, if this is all okay. :-D

sammi.pleshek@gmail.com

Sarah said...

I look forward to hearing about lots of "other activities." Youn know what I mean.