Saturday, September 12, 2009

September 12th

Two years ago today, I walked through the doors of the Wilford Woodruff building on the MTC campus and bid farewell to Emily, Preston, and Sarah as I began my mission. I was very reluctant at first as can be seen in the smile I had to force for the first picture. Little did I know what lay ahead of me. Here is a photo recap of those 18 months and three weeks I spent as a missionary.




Three Sister Scoresbys. Sarah wrote me a
letter once and also included a hand drawn
rendition of this picture. It was funny, so I
had to keep it for good laughs.

Tallahassee, Florida.




Our district, 24-D. Those elders come home
this week. They were great!

President and Sister Summerhays.
They are the best!!!



The Adult Activity Center. This was the 'real south'.
Southern drawls, dominoes, chicken and dumplin's
for lunch. It didn't get much better than this.




"The field is ripe already to harvest"

Great companions. This was also our favorite
sign in our area, but after going back six months
later, I found out they painted over it. Sad day.



I ate so much! Every one was really
impressed that I could pack it on like
an elder.

Baardson, the pink bunny. He was a
first investigator.

Best companionship study ever! This
should be hanging in the MTC!

I really liked that vest.





That's all the church building is, but the
people in Andalusia are amazing!

Morning exercise=crunching pecans.
Can you find the pecan in this picture?




The Arnolds. Perhaps, the most important
reason I had to be in Andalusia for 10
blessed months.

Good old FSU!




Sarah. She is amazing and represents all of
the wonderful people we taught on campus.

Destin fun!! Yes, this was in December for
all the poor people who endured snow.

Sister Scoresby, arriving in glory and great honor.
And, wearing a coat because it was so cold when
I got home.

For all the agonizing I did and the absolute surety that I would be miserable for 18 months straight, my mission was one of the greatest things I have done so far with my life. I learned so much, had so many great experiences, and met so many wonderful people who have changed my life forever.

1 comment:

Devri said...

Wow! It is weird to think that your elders are coming home. Crazy! They painted over the Gant sign? sad.