Thursday, September 17, 2009

Roger

I love Roger. He entered my life January 27, 2006--the day before my 21st birthday. He was my birthday present. We've spent long hours together in the HBLL, enjoyed countless movies and listening to hours of songs, and have traveled all over the US together. Sunday evening, Roger had a horrific accident that almost sent me to tears. This is what happened.





Roger's right hinge popped off, and now the little plastic cover at the top of my key-board is sticking up out of place. It was really hard to listen to the sound of breaking plastic. After a little exploratory surgery last night, I discovered the problem. The hinge is super stiff! I couldn't move it at all. No wonder he just cracked! I wasn't sure what to do so I just put him back together. At least I know what's wrong. Maybe I'll be able to get some lubrication for him, so he'll be able to move like he did before.

In other news, I'm here in Minneapolis. It's been fine, but there is nothing exciting to report except for my adventure into the heart of Minneapolis. Thanks to the Clarks, and especially Jeff, for the housing. Here are some pics of the new place.

My bed. I was doing laundry, so it was a little messier than usual.


The desk area.


My closet. It's sweet.



That's the news from here. I'll keep everyone updated with Roger's progress.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear about Roger. Definitely apply some WD-40 to his wound.
I totally missed the part where you moved to Minneapolis. Why?

Sarah said...

Stewart is sad about Roger. And Sarah is happy that your shoes are all organized.

Margaret said...

You both know my feelings about naming inanimate objects!

Shannon said...

Hope he's on the mend soon. :)