Monday, March 9, 2009

Dear Family,

I was wondering if you had gotten my flight plans yet. I don't get them until two weeks before I go home so that I don't lose them. But, Miami? That is in the complete opposite direction of home! I wonder if Church travel realizes that. Do you think that I'll still get released that night? Just wondering. It seems like everyone wants to know about going home and how I feel about it. It is kind of hard to think that in just a few weeks I'll be sitting at home playing Wii with everyone.

So, a new sister that is coming out when I go home wants to buy my bike. I said I'd sell, so we are going to get things figured out. I'm thinking that $200 for Gary is quite reasonable. I haven't really ridden my bike and it is in good quality. Plus, I'm going to need some money and shipping it home would take a lot of effort. I don't need such a nice bike when I get home. If I really need one, I'll buy a Wal-mart one for $50. I just thought I'd let you know what is going to happen with the bike.

We had a good week this week. We had such a great lesson with John and the Stephens this week! In our last lesson John told us that he would think about coming to Church on the 29th of March, but this week he told us that his wife said they should just go together this Sunday! What a surprise to hear him say that! And, his wife, who is a very devoted Catholic, even said she wanted to come and was curious about what has made her husband change from being a heathen to having a good relationship with God and praying everyday. It was amazing! We had some other really great lessons this week. A member's fiance said that we could start teaching him, and we have been waiting since Thanksgiving. We are really excited about it. Missionary work is great! You should all try and do some everyday!

I'm glad Sarah was able to meet help meet the monthly goal of having 308 baptisms! That is more than our entire mission had last year! That is crazy! Anyway, I wouldn't trade the Florida Tallahassee Mission for any other mission in the world.

This morning I was thinking that maybe Ben and Shannon's baby was born this week, but I guess not. There is a brand new baby in the branch here and it is really hard to not be able to hold her. I'm really looking forward to being able to hold babies again!

I was hoping that I would get the Saturn when I come home. I guess I'll just go with my good old truck. You still have that, right?

That is about all for this week. I love you all so much and am grateful for everything you all do for me!

Love, Joanna

1 comment:

scoresby-scoop said...

Sister Scoresby, I'm your Dad's Aunt Mary Lou. Seems the world is really small, since you had dinner with my husband's neice and her parents the other day. I've read about your mission a couple of times. I'm sure your Grandpa & Grandma Scoresby would be most pleased with you and your brothers & sisters. Love, Aunt Mary Lou