Monday, March 23, 2009

Dear Family,

I had a great email all written out and then the computer erased it. Sorry this one won't be as good.

Things were alright this week, but not the most exciting. Spring break for the colleges has been in full swing, which really isn't that fun. Traffic is crazy, and so are the people, but we did some good missionary work with the locals. The weather is absolutely amazing (the beach and ocean are breathtaking right now) and I'm somewhat scared that I'll have to live through a real winter for a little bit when I get home. But, I do want to see some snow. it's been two long years without it.

John's lesson this week was so good!! We taught him lesson three. When we asked him if he would be baptized when he knew that this was true, he said "Well, there isn't anything telling me no. It seems like the thing to do." It was great! He also said that the Holy Ghost really rang true to him and what we shared with him seemed to be the best explanation of it he has ever heard. He reread all the reading assignments we had ever left him, and he already has a favorite Book of Mormon scripture-Alma 32:26-27. He says it describes him perfectly. I really like John. He might be one of my most favorite people that I've gotten to teach. I love them all dearly, but John is so genuine and sincere and honest with us. Plus, he is really committed.

Well, I don't have too much else to write. We didn't have our best week last week, but this week is going to be a lot better. I'm so excited for it!

I love you all! Thanks for everything you do for me!
Love, Joanna

No comments: