Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Family,

How strange to be writing my last email to you! It still doesn't seem real that I am coming home. I'm not nervous at all which is quite unusual for me. It must be Heavenly Father blessing me to remain calm with everything.

We had a good week this week. It did rain like crazy Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning. But, luckily the Lord gave us a miracle and let the rain stop. We were able to go out and tract and we found some really great new investigators.

We also had a very good Sabbath here in Destin. We had Fast and Testimony Meeting due to General Conference this next week. There was a family that blessed their baby, and then we had really great testimonies. It was perfect for our investigators that were there. The Stake President was here so he asked me specifically to bear my testimony. I didn't even cry, which made me really happy :) I'm going to miss being here in Destin. I really like the members here.

I got to talk to Donnie and Melissa last night. They are so great! They told me that I can move back to Andalusia so that we can hang out and go to church together. They are going to do baptisms in the middle of April and are preparing to go to the temple together next year. It was so great to hear that! I love them!

Well, I guess that is about it. I'm glad that you are bringing a coat because my jacket will not be warm enough up there. It sounds like Thursday is going to be a long day, but I'm glad that President Pleshek is willing to release me when I get home that night. I'm excited to talk to and see everyone!

I love you!
Joanna

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm one of Joanna's old roommates and like to call her when she gets home. Will she still have the same phone number as before or will there be a better number to reach her at?

Margaret said...

Hi Lisa, The best number to reach her at is probably our home phone, 714-298-3314.