Monday, February 23, 2009

Dear Family!

What a great day it is! We had a very happy week and had some really amazing lessons this week.

We had some really great other lessons this week. Several weeks ago, a member invited one of her friends to dinner when they were taking us out. She came and it turns out that she was blessed as a child in the church and that her husband's cousins are members and have served missions and everything. After several failed attempts of meeting with them, we finally caught them at home and taught them lesson one. It was such a good lesson and they asked the perfect questions. The wife, Gini, became one of our new investigators. Hopefully, this week JJ will also become an investigator. There are going to be great things that happen with this family.

We also met with John again this week. He is so amazing! He did his reading and has still been praying, which most of the people I've taught have not been so dedicated to either of these commitments at first. But, we taught him about the plan of salvation and he told us it answered so many of his questions and he felt that so good about what he had learned from us so far. We tried committing him to come to Church, but he told us that it would take him a while. He also admitted that he has commitment issues, and was afraid of getting committed to this before he was ready. He did say he would come to church and it will probably be within the next couple of weeks. We suspect that he knows that this is true and is a little overwhelmed by knowing that. He said that he has been "praying for the perseverance to see this to the end." He knows that "the end" means baptism because he asked us the last time we taught him. He is so happy about life and the new light we have shared with him. I want to see him baptized so much! There is a couple that is here for a few months who are converts (about 25 years ago) that were in a very similar situation to John. We had lunch with them right after John's lesson and everything they said pointed us to have them fellowship John while they are still here. We were able to set up a sooner return appointment for the 3rd of March. This is what missionary work is all about. I love it!

The couple that are going to be John's friends are some snowbirds from Appleton, WI. They are truly amazing! He is a sealer in the Chicago Temple and was in the temple Presidency there a couple of years ago. We had lunch with them this week and they are both amazing converts to the church. I'm so glad that they came down here while I was here. I think that when I'm home we should go down and visit them. They are really neat people that I think you would really like.

Transfers were last week, and now I am in my final transfer. It is hard to believe that it all is coming to an end here in a few short weeks. We, as a companionship, have decided that this is going to be the best transfer of the mission and have dedicated ourselves to it. We have some really great things that are going to happen here.

Oh, I got my hair cut last week. It was really just a trim, but a pretty good sized trimmed. I don't have any pictures yet, but I'm planning on printing some off today and I'll try and send some home soon.

I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for your love and prayers. It is so great to know that I have so much love and support from friends and family! I love you all!

Love, Joanna

No comments: