Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Family,

It sounds like your week was about as good as my week. We did have a couple of exciting things happen, though. Tuesday we helped some members lay laminate floor in their house. I was really good at it. If we ever want to put it in our house, I know what to do. Just don't ask me to measure/cut. It seems like the old sewing problem about cutting it too small is still a problem. But, we did a room in their house, and it looked good. I got a pretty good size bruise on my knee from being on a hard wood floor all afternoon, but helping them outweighs my tender knee. The other thing of excitement is that Jose had his baptismal interview this week. He is excited to get baptized this Saturday. We had some really good lessons with him, and he told our district leader this week that he was planning on serving a mission.

We had a really great lesson with a man this week that we had met several weeks ago. He had actually done his reading and had prayed like we had asked him to pray. It was kind of a surprise because lots of people don't keep those commitments. As we talked with him he told us that he feels such great comfort when he prays (he didn't pray often before) and he really finds the Book of Mormon interesting. Then he said, "I don't know what all this is leading to or where this will all end, but I really like meeting with you. I don't know if I might have to say 'no' sometime in the future, but I want you to keep coming back." I was shocked! We don't always have the most interactive lessons, but he actually asked us questions and made comments. But, he is really nervous about everything because he hasn't been too religious in his life and doesn't know what to expect. He told us that he wouldn't be able to meet with us every week right now, but once he gets a little more comfortable with religion he would. So, in two weeks we are going to go back. He is such a great person! I feel really good about him.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here! It is hard to believe it is February when it is sunny and 70s here. There were a couple of cool days, but nothing to really complain about. I think the lows were in the thirties.

There have been several people from Wisconsin at Church. A member grew up in Waukesha (I think) and his mom has been here for a while. She said that she knows Shannon's family from way back. Their last name is Lillian. Does that ring a bell Shannon? There is also a couple who is going to be here for a month or so from Appleton. She told me that they have a granddaughter at BYU.

Thanks for the Valentine's Day package! The cookies were great! I also got a reimbursement check from missionary medical. I might try and cash it here or just wait until I get home and cash it then.

This week we are looking forward to Jose's baptism and also zone conference. It should be a really good week. Next week is transfers. I don't know what is going to happen. I'd like to stay here, but I don't know if that is what would be the best. I guess we'll see what the Lord has planned.

I love you all! Thanks for everything!
Love, Joanna

No comments: