Thursday, January 8, 2009







Note: Joanna sent this originally on Dec. 28. It bounced and she re-sent it the next week. I just got it today. So the news is old, but I thought you'd enjoy it.






Dear Family,

It was great talking to you on Christmas. Here are the long awaited for pictures from here in Destin. The first one is one of our investigators named Manuel. If you recall last week's email I talked about him there. We spent Christmas Eve there and it was great! He can really feel the power that the gospel brings into our lives. We are going to keep meeting with him. The other pictures are from last Monday at the beach. It is gorgeous. One day we had dinner with some members in one of the condos in the background. It was a totally different experience.

We had a good week. It was somewhat quiet, but we were able to see how the Lord works miracles in His quiet way. We didn't have any new investigators until Friday, but were then able to reach the goal that we had set. I know that it is only through the Lord that we were able to accomplish the goals that we set for this week.

We went on splits for Church on Sunday so that we could be in both areas. I stayed here in Destin, while Sister Stowers and Sister Hartman went over to Panama City Beach. I know why the Lord has us in companionships, because it can be a little stressful trying to make sure your investigators are set and also trying to make sure you get all the missionary business done that you need to. On the other hand, I think I will make the adjustment to not having a companion just fine when I get home. The members were really good to help us out by making sure that I wasn't alone, etc.

I love you all! I'm so grateful that I have y'all as my family. I wouldn't have picked it any other way. Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

Love, Joanna

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hmm...looks like Manuel likes tacky Christmas tree toppers, too.