Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hi Family!

Because of MLK day yesterday, today is p-day. We had a pretty good week this week.

We had Zone Conference Friday and then Stake Conference Saturday and Sunday. Elder Costa of the Presidency of the Seventy came to Stake Conference. We had an investigator go so we could go on Saturday and Sunday. It was so good. The investigator who came set a baptismal date the night before. We introduced him to Elder Costa and Elder Costa said that he was going to be a great leader in the future. He also told us to have President Summerhays write him a note telling him when Jose gets baptized so that Elder Costa can send Jose something! Isn't that amazing that he would make that effort for a young man who is getting baptized? Zone Conference was great as always. Some of the Elders that I have served around for most of my mission were there which is always a happy reunion.

Other than that missionary work is missionary work. We teach people, find people, and are going to baptize people. It is so great! I can't believe you are already getting official mail about me coming home. I think my zone leader likes to remind me how much time I have left. He always asks things like, "so how many zone conferences do you have left?" "what's the first thing your going to do when you get home?" Silly elders.

I did get my debit card. Thanks. I also got a great letter from Meghan and Nikki! Thanks for all the love and support! I really appreciate it! I really like dad's truck. Do we still have my truck? I'll also remember to be safe and look out for 'accidents'. We always watch a safety video at zone conferences so we are always reminded of it.

Congrats to Ben on his boards! It sounds like things are great with the family!

I'll have to write more about our investigators and life in Destin some other time. There isn't enough time to write about all the great experiences of a mission in just one weekly email home.

Well, I love you all so much!

Love, Joanna

No comments: