Monday, January 26, 2009

Dear Family,

This week was work as usual. I don't really have much new to report. We had some really good lessons where we were able to commit a couple of people to be baptized. It is exciting to see the results of hard work through laboring and prayer. That is how the Lord teaches us to gain results from the effort that we put forth in everything that we do.

Yesterday the branch president was telling people that they need to have us, the missionaries, in their homes and how you get to know us, etc. etc. We went into the priesthood to talk about the priesthood helping us with missionary work, and it came up that it was my birthday. So, the priesthood sang happy birthday to me. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. They didn't sound too bad either :)

I'm really excited about going to Grandma's. That will be my third stake conference of the year and my second satellite one, so it will be fun. Oh, I'd like to go to the temple soon after I get home, like the next day if that is possible.

Sorry this is such a short email. I don't think I'm gonna get much time because the library here is pretty busy today. Thanks for all of your love and support and prayers. I love you!

Love, Joanna

No comments: