Monday, April 28, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

An era is coming to an end as I send my two companions home this week. My
district leader gave me a nickname, but I 'll have to wait until I am at home
before I tell y'all what it is. It is hard sending companions home. Everybody
talks about them going home and what they'll do when they go home and how it
will be great being with their families. I don't think they realize that it has
an impact on the companion not going home. There has been a lot of opportunity
for me to dwell on what I'm missing out on at home, or how it will be a while
until I go home, but I have worked really hard to stay focused on the work. We
have been doing a "30 days of sanctification" this month as a district and I
have worked really hard on being completely focused. It has been hard, but also
very rewarding, as well. Anyway, my new companion will be Sister Leafa, from
American Samoa. She has been out over a year (I think she goes home in
September). Sister Chadwick and Sister Osburn have both served with her. I am
really excited for her to come. She is really nice.

Yesterday at Church they had a surprise dinner for my companions. I was just
like one of the branch members. In fact, when the Branch President was saying
that they were having the potluck he said it was for three honored guests, my
two companions and the investigator we had at Church. I got to bless the food.
But, it was good. Our investigator loved Church! She was a little apprehensive
at first because it was different, but by the end, she loved it! They had
mentioned food storage, and she was amazed by it and really loved the idea of
it. She had a good time at the dinner after Church, and she left with some of
the members. She is going to go somewhere, I can feel it.

We had some really powerful lessons with several people this week. I just
remembered I forgot to write about them in my President's letter, but maybe I
wasn't supposed to. We are going back to all three of them this week.

Ken, our recent convert, came with us to a lesson with Donnie, and it was
perfect. He got to bear his testimony about being baptized and how it has been
the right thing to do. He is great! He siad he would like to go with us more
often. Somehow we'll work it out so he can.

It sounds like things with the family are exciting. It is so good that Casie is
almost done with the Book of Mormon. Only one of our investigators has made any
real progress with the Book of Mormon and he is in the middle of Alma. Do you
think that I could get Casie's address. I've been thinking about writing her a
letter. Oh, I got a letter from Holly Beck and the YSA Newsletter today. I
haven't looked at either, but it is exciting to receive mail from people in
Wausau.

So, we did not do good on our miles at all this month. We have about 25 for
three more days, but it is good because then we can get members to take us
places, which is always good. The reason why I bring this up is because we go
to our District meetings every Tuesday and it is about a 100 mile round trip
journey each week. We talked to the Branch President and he said that he could
take us. And, he wants to take us to lunch at . . . RYAN'S!!!!!! I am so
excited to go to Ryan's. I'll let you know how good it is next week.

Well, we have lots to do, so I better get going. I love you all. Oh, Mom, my
inbox probably won't have room for any more pictures to be sent this week. The
ones from Sarah took a lot of room, just so you know. Oh, on Mother's Day I
don't know when I'll be calling. We haven't found out any information about
calling home, but next week I will let you know. If there is anyway possible, I
would really like to talk to Sarah as well, but only if that's is do-able.
Well, I love you all! Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement!

Love, Joanna

No comments: