Monday, February 25, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

About the weight gain. I haven't gained any. In fact, I think I've actually lost a little since I've been out. I guess it was just the picture making me look like I've gained some weight. It sounds like things just keep on going at home. I'm glad it has warmed up to 35, because it has been in the 70s lately.

Well, on to the real stuff. We had a really good week even though p-day was on Tuesday and we had Zone Conference as well. We have really seen the Lord bless us as we get out and work work work. I know it is because we are being obedient and giving our whole heart might mind and strength to the work. It has been lots of fun. Our investigators are doing well. Melissa however, is still a little hestitant about being baptized because it would change everything that she had been taught in her past. She hasn't told us that yet, but Donnie let us know.

Zone Conference was about Elder Bednar's talk he gave at BYU in 2001 (I think) called "In the Strength of the Lord". He talked about how we can use the Atonement to not only redeem us from our sins but to strengthen us to be able to meet the challenges that come from enduring to the end. I had read it last year in the fall and I really realized it was true. I tried it out because at the time I was really tired and having a hard time getting up in the morning, so each night I prayed for Heavenly Father to help me have the strength to get up when my alarm went off. It really worked. I have also seen it here. I'm not one who normally talks to people, but the Lord has strengthened me to meet the demands of talking to everyone. I am so grateful for the Atonement that helps us in that way as well.

I was going to send you pictures, but I don't have my cord. Next week I will. But, we stopped to take a picture of a church sign and met Heather. She lives next door to the church. She just started talking and we became pretty good friends. I was thinking we were stopping to fulfill my own selfish desire to take a picture by the sign, but we gave her dad a Finding Faith in Christ video. She told us she wants us to bring her some books about Jesus. We told her we would be happy to do that :) so next time we see her and her dad we are planning on taking them the Book of Mormon. Heather happens to be 5 and really like the color pink and princesses, so we had a lot to talk about. She is perhaps one of the cutest girls I have met so far. I'll remember to send pictures next week.

I love you all! Thanks for everything you do for me!
Love, Joanna

No comments: