Monday, February 4, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, we didn't get a p-day this week, so I'm writing today. Next week I'll be back in the normal swing of things in Andalusia. I'm going back on Wednesday. I will really miss Troy, and I hope I can come back here in the future. We had a really good week and saw lots of miracles. When we heard that President Hinckley died, we were sad but knew that there was nothing to worry about. The Lord has everything figured out when it comes to calling a new prophet. We were instructed to watch the funeral, so we went to a members home and watched it there. I will always remember all the things that he did as the prophet especially the Columbus Temple.

I guess I'll write more next week or sometime in the future about my time here in Troy. Mom, I did get the package and the letters you sent. In fact, I am wearing the jumper and the sweater right now. Thanks to everyone else who sent me birthday emails. It made me feel so loved! I love you all!!!

Love, Joanna

PS-Scott Thacker is in the Troy branch. I think he is Leah Thacker's son. So, this has been like a big family reunion with people I haven't ever met--my companion is my cousin and I have a cousin in the branch. Who can ever say that has happened to them?

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Contrary to popular belief, it appears that Joanna LIKES the jumper I made her for her birthday.