Monday, October 15, 2007

Missionary thought for this month

I remembered that this next Sunday might be the missionary report so here is something you might be able to use. We taught the teenager Sunday school class. There is one young man who is 18 and preparing to go on his mission (he is still in high school). The rest were 14-15 year old boys. As we taught the lesson you could tell that the one who is preparing for his mission really wanted to learn and know all that he could so he could be prepared to serve the Lord. Shouldn't we all be like him? We all have been called to share the gospel, as we were reminded in conference last week, so shouldn't we all be preparing ourselves by studying the Lord's words? As I have spent time each day studying the scriptures I learn more and more things that will help me as I go out to teach. There is such power in the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. By knowing that it teaches about Christ and has answers to questions that people are asking we can help them come to know Christ. Chapter 5 in Preach my Gospel is amazing and I suggest everyone reads it so they know how to better use the Book of Mormon when sharing the gospel. I love you again! Joanna

No comments: