Monday, October 1, 2007

Hi Family,
So, today is my last day here in the MTC. It seems crazy, like I just got here. Now all of a sudden I am leaving. I got your pictures and don't really like any of them. And, I don't care for the pic on my plaque. If you could find another one where I look good, could you change it? It is just a thought.
We fly out of Salt Lake City at 6:30 on Delta. It gets in at Atlanta at 12:05 or 12:30. Then we have about a two hour layover before we fly to Tallahassee, once again on Delta. I'm not really sure of the flight numbers. Maybe the one to Atlanta is 1793. It's a good guess. I think I am going to try to call home tomorrow between 5:30 and 6:00 your time. I figure you will be awake getting janet ready for school and seminary. I'll use my change. And, I can let you know what my flight numbers are so you can track them, Mom :)
Classes are good. We have our last class tonight. Elder Vaughn J Featherstone came to our Tuesday devotional tonight. It was really good. Last night's fireside was also really good. We listened to a mission department person. He spoke about our names and that we are representing our families and Christ. I'm grateful that I come from such a great family.
The temple was great this last time that we went. It is sad to think that I won't be able to go for 18 months. I will, however, remember how great it is to be in the temple.
It has been great teaching "investigators". It is a great experience teaching the gospel and bearing testimony about it. Even though everyone here knows the gospel, you can always share your testimony and maybe you will teach them something they didn't know.
I'm not sure what else to write. Things are the same everyday in the MTC. Oh, there is an elder in my branch who is from Fargo. He is really good friends with Aunt Becky and Uncle Todd's family. Garrett actually dropped him off here at the MTC. His last name is Brayton and he said his family has been there. Do you remember any Braytons?
I'm glad everything is going well with the fam. Congrats to Ben on passing boards! I'm glad you felt you did well on the LSAT, Preston. I am also happy to know that both the grand puppy and the grand kitty are doing well. They were both mentioned in letters from Shannon and Tracy.
I guess that will be all since I'll be calling home tomorrow. I am going to send some stuff for my scrapbook home today.
I love you all! Thanks for your love and support!
Joanna

1 comment:

Emily said...

Speaking of mission scrapbooks, guess who's working on hers?