Monday, October 15, 2007





Dear Family,
Things here in Andalusia get better and better every day. I am excited to see the work progress. The members are excited for us to be here and are ready to have us teach their friends.


This past week I felt more like a missionary. We went contacting and tracting and checked up on media referrals and taught lessons. It has been great. I have really seen how we can be strengthened to meet the goals we have set. We taught the first lesson to a man whose son is a member. We have some follow-up appointments this week. As we have met the active and less active members, it is amazing to see how they all agree and know that the things that we have taught them are true. If we could only work on getting those less active members to be active.


We had some fun this week. We went to get a feel for a little town in our area and got to go into a cotton field. I picked some cotton and also a pecan! I just picked it up off of the ground, but it was cool. I never really thought that pecan trees would be so prevalent, but they are. We have quite a few in our neighbor hood. Andalusia is not pronounced like it would be in Spanish. Imagine a southerner pronouncing it. It is great to hear that southern accent. I have not had tons of southern food, but I am sure it will be coming.


Things are going great. I have to write a letter to President Summerhays, so I should finish with this. I loved the letters and emails that I got this week. They had very good advice in them, and I thank you all for them. Thank you for your love and prayers. I can feel them for me everyday! I love you all!
Joanna


No comments: