Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's in a name?

Names are important. Names are even more important when given to inanimate objects that you spend lots of time with (like Roger). On our first date, I informed Ben of my relationship with Jimmy, my car. Ben was completely impressed with the fact that I love my car so much and had given him an actual name and used it that he practically pleaded with me to name his car for him. I told him it would be hard, since I didn't really have much of a connection with his car, but I would try my best. Over the past couple of months, Ben kept asking me over and over if I had discovered the perfect name for his car, and sadly, the results were not good. Little did Ben understand that the process of naming such an important part of your life was such a tedious process.

Yesterday it happened. Ben's car finally received her proper name of Silvia Diamante. We both agree that it is the perfect name for his car. Now if only he'll let me name his computer......

5 comments:

The Ben Joslin said...

Silvia is very happy!

Margaret said...

Argh....

Sarah said...

bahaha

Joe said...

Computers already have names. Seriously, naming them is built into the OS

Emily said...

LOL. Jo(e), you're such a nerd.