Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Arizona (like I promised)


One month ago today, Ben and I flew to Arizona to spend a little time with his family. Ben's parents picked us up from the airport. Since it was 70 degrees and sunny, Ben and I took the opportunity to enjoy the nice weather since it was -14 degrees when we left. We took his nephew, Asher, to the park twice. Sunday, after church, we had a family dinner with everyone who lived in Phoenix. It was similar to family get togethers with my family: good food, lots of people, funny stories from the past. Monday, Ben and I took off for Tucson to meet his family there. We had fun with his 88 year old neighbor who took us and his brother's family to dinner, went to the Sonoran Desert Museum with his sister's family (it was cool. I liked the hummingbirds the best), and stopped by the University of Arizona. We headed back to Ben's parents' Tuesday afternoon and spent the rest of the time chilling (which was really nice and I'm ready to do it again), playing Heroscape (something I'm going to have to get used to playing at least once in a while), going to the Mesa Temple with his parents and brother and sister-in-law (which is a gorgeous temple and a lot bigger than the St. Paul Temple), and meeting up with my last companion (we took Sister Hartman out for ice cream since it was her birthday). Thursday, Ben and I came back to the frozen tundra land. Neither of us were too excited about that since it also meant a return to work and school and not spending lots of time together, but we were glad that we could go to Arizona. We'll have to do it again soon...

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad you had such a nice time. Maybe we should become snowbirds...

Margaret said...

And by the way, I think you promised pictureS of Arizona. I'm not sure one qualifies. But it's a nice picture of you two together for once.

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devri said...

Nice. I've never been to Arizona.

Shannon said...

Cute! But I agree...where are the other pictures?!

Unknown said...

i love Arizona did you go to the Katrcner caves worth a visit also liked tombstone and old Tuscon i went a couple otimes withJim and Reta Scoresby you two look great we have never met but your Dad talked of you all a lot