Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally!!

After months of job searching and applying, I was offered a job today by First National Bank of the Lakes in the Uptown area here in the cities! I will be their newest full-time teller starting December 28th. What a great Christmas present!

I don't know why it happened today of all days. For nine months I have been searching, applying, and interviewing for jobs with what appeared to be fruitless results. What I do know is this is an answer to prayers and happened when it was right.

With a new job, there are a few things I'm looking forward to:
1. A more consistent schedule without lots of variation in hours or days.
2. Benefits! I can finally go to the dentist after 2 and a half years. My teeth are excited!
3. I can wear my nice clothes, and I don't have to worry about them getting dirty.
4. I don't have to rush back here the day after Christmas to work. Yay for holidays!

When I was talking to Mr. Johnson, my new boss, I informed him I'd be gone for a week in January and he said that wasn't a problem. They understand that I have a life and have planned things so they are willing to work with me.

Yay!

11 comments:

Sharalea said...

Congratulations! You'll be an awesome teller!

Margaret said...

Yes, it's a blessing for which to be really grateful!

Devri said...

Congrats!! I'm excited for you. I thought that a teller job would be fun. Good work!

Devri said...

Oh, and I forgot to add that you will be stellar! A Stellar teller!

Janet said...

where are you going to be for a week in January?

Tracy said...

Yay!!

Preston said...

cool

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

Only the elite of this world's population get to be tellers. Congrats! I can relate to the frustration of being unemployed, and the relief once a job finally comes up!

The Ben Joslin said...

Congratulations! You deserve 2 things: a great new job, and to go to Arizona during the winter!! Hooray for enduring until you get what you want! Even if you don't win a lot in games with me (sorry!), atleast you win epically in life!

Shannon said...

9 comments already, WOW!!

Well, let me just join the crew in echoing a congrats!!!! I am so thrilled for you. :)

Margaret said...

Hey, girl, you promised an update!