Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1

Back in high school Cory Wilbur and Amy Ruffner always celebrated the first day of a new month because it meant a time for them to write a new month. I never got it. It was a new month and every 30 or so days it would happen again. Today at work, though, that excitement caught up with me.

It's hard to believe that it's December already! Where has the year gone? Last year, I was in warm sunny Destin thinking that a December with snow and cold weather would never come. And, here it is! Time sure has a way of passing by quickly and unnoticed.

I'm going to keep telling myself that all month because it looks like it is going to be a long and boring month with Ben having finals and then heading back to Arizona for a few weeks. I might be making more trips home than usual this month just to give me something to do.

You can expect that January 1, 2010 will be an exciting day. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm sad that you're going to be bored and lonely, but I'm happy that you might come home more!

The Ben Joslin said...

I am also sad that you will be so lonely! However, I am only a text-message away. :)

Emily said...

If you get too bored, you could always come over and scrape some paint off a bookshelf!