Monday, December 15, 2008

Hi Family,

It sounds like things are good at home. I was wondering if you had gotten the Christmas tree yet. I'm not surprised that y'all are waiting for Janet to come home to get it. I guess that I'll call later in the day more towards the evening or later in the evening. My companions will probably both call earlier in the day.

I got the letter and also a package from Joseph and Tracy this week. It was nice to finally get some mail. My companions and I haven't made the Christmas tree yet, but I'm sure we will before Christmas. Sister Hartman's mom sent us a 12 days of Christmas countdown and we have been enjoying that with our very tiny Christmas tree.

Things here are alright. There really isn't anything spectacular happening. We have some pretty good investigators and had some interesting lessons with them. We have been teaching a Romanian lady and her family. They are Seventh-day Adventists. It has been pretty interesting to say the least. We also met a man named Syd who was very interested in our message. When we went to teach him, he said he wanted to know how we came to know that the Book of Mormon and Jospeh Smith are true. He was so fascinated by what we each told him, and by everything (things about serving a mission etc.) and he asked us to tell him how everything about the Church came to be. It was great!

Oh, I need my birth certificate. In Florida they have this law that you have to have a Florida driver's license. So, since I'm the driver, I need to get one. Maybe you can include that in the Christmas package.I think I have everything else that I need to get it. If not, I'll let you know.

I can't wait until I can go to the temple again. I miss it. Maybe we can do that the day after I get home. It's just a thought.

Well, I can't think of anything else for this week. Hopefully, next week I'll have more exciting things to write and some pictures, too. There are some other sisters in the zone and we were thinking that maybe next Monday we would get together. We haven't planned anything. I'll also let you know for sure what time I'll be calling home. Don't worry. I'm really looking forward to it, so I'll make sure y'all are home.

I love you! Thanks for all of your prayers and your support. I really appreciate it.

Love, Joanna

No comments: