Monday, December 8, 2008

Hello Family!

SO, this might be pretty short because I don't know how much time the library here allows us to email, but luckily I get to write this week. Being here in Destin h as been good. I'm glad I'm here. It is a great place. The branch is great. It is about the size of Mt. Vernon, so I feel right at home. It is really hard to think that I have to spend Christmas here. I don't know how I'll survive :).

Let's see about things here. Thanksgiving was good. It wasn't like Thanksgivings at home, but it was good. We have been having some good success. We have already found and committed someone to baptism. She is awesome! She ran into elders 3 years ago and wasn't ready then, but since then she has become super prepared and told us in our very first lesson that she knows it is true! She loved Church yesterday and is looking forward to coming back. She is great! We have also taught a Romanian lady and her husband, two sons and their wives. It is crazy because there is a little bit of a language barrier, but hopefully we'll get somewhere.

We had Zone Conference this week. It was good. The zone is a lot different than in Tallahassee. The sister I was supposed to train back in August is in the zone and so we had a good time talking about Andalusia. She ended up serving there, so we could swap stories. WE are hopefully going to plan a Christmas p-day to spend with the other sisters and also do exchanges if we can work it all out.

Here is our address again just so that you have it for sure:
200 Sandestin Lane #616
Miramar Beach, FL 32550

There is a set of Spanish elders in our branch, too. We had a branch Christmas party this week. It was fun. Because our first Sunday was the Sunday after Thanksgiving we didn't get to meet all of the members because they were out of town, but we did at the party. There are a lot of tall skinny blondes who look like they are 25 (but they aren't). I was joing with my companions that I'm the only one with dark hair and I don't fit in. They did a Christmas around the world thing, and the food was decent. I like being here in Destin. It is nice to be back in a family branch with real people. And, they appreciate us and ask for our help with things.

So, Sister Hartman is great! She is from Flagstaff, AZ and is the youngest of 7. She is the only girl, and is actually a twin. She has been out 7 1/2 months and has spent the whole time in Panama City Beach. She was supposed to train, but her companion didn't make it out of the MTC. Because of that we are also covering Panama City Beach. It is going to be interesting to see how things work out with it. It takes some effort to cover both. We do have a really good investigator there as well. He ordered the lamb of God video and as we taught him the first lesson he started crying in the middle of it. It was pretty amazing. He even went to Church in PCB without us being there.

I might write you a letter with more in it later today. We'll see. I need to write to President before the time runs out. If I get more time and I think of anything else, I'll write you another email.

I love you! Thanks for your love and support!
Love, Joanna

No comments: