Sunday, November 9, 2008




Dear Family,

Well, this week was alright. We met some really neat people that hopefully we can get back in contact with to teach. Our investigators are doing well. During our lesson with one of them this week, he told us that earlier in the week he had a dream. In that dream his grandfather came to him and told him that the Book of Mormon was true. He told us that that was the answer that he needed, so he is working towards being baptized in December. Lindsay's baptism for today got pushed back until next weekend. Other than that nothing new is happening.

Today is a big football game. We ran into a lady from somewhere in Eastern Europe that we had talked to before, and had a good conversation with her. The only thing is she can't make time to meet with us. It is sad to think that people aren't willing to make that time themselves. It is something we all have to do. I've realized that since I've been out. Time management is important and also making sure that we use our time wisely to do the important things in life like studying the scriptures and praying.

I wish we could have gone to the CES fireside. We didn't have any investigators go, so we couldn't go.

I don't know what else to write about. We'll probably be here for a while yet. Oh, here are the pictures.The first on is me and Melanie. She cut my hair. She is great and she helps us with a lot of stuff. She joined the Church almost three years ago. The other picture is with that house of girls. The are great! They are probably some of my favorite people here. They all are really good about helping us. The picture isn't too great, but you get the gist of it.

I just remembered something else I wanted to ask you about. Could you send me some recipes? The ones that I would really love to have are blonde brownies, banana bread, and baked apple donuts. I taught the Institute couple how to make German pancakes and they love them! They have even varied it up some and put cheese and jalapeno peppers in it.


I can't think of anything else to write. The work is great, and the Church is true! I love you all!

Love, Joanna

1 comment:

Joe said...

I agree about time. Time is the one thing that no matter what we do, we can't get more of, or make up for.

Time is quite possibly, the most limited thing we have here in mortality.