Sunday, November 16, 2008



Dear Family,

It is so great to write to you! Like Sarah's last email, this has been a long week, and I am glad that it is Saturday.

We had Lindsay's baptism last night. It was good and there was a good turn out from the ward. Here are some pictures from it. Her friends from Jacksonville came. There were four investigators that also came, which was a really good thing. The investigator that we are teaching was really glad that she came. She is amazing! She is going to get baptized soon. She gives the best prayers and even this week she prayed that she would be given the strength to take the steps that she knows that she needs to take.

We are having our Zone Conference this Tuesday. I am really looking forward to it. Last Sunday, we walked into the Church building to make some copies for our weekly coordination meeting and President Summerhays greeted us at the door. It was great! He wanted to talk to us about transfers and what was going to happen. He said he isn't sure, but there is a possibilty that I'll be transfered. I'll let you know what is happening next week. Because of that, I don't have any idea what will be happening with Thanksgiving. Transfers are two days before Thanksgiving so it is up in the air. It'll be good though. We are having district meeting that morning, so I'll at least be going to district meeting :)

So, Mom and Dad, I had a horrible dream last night about both of you. For some reason I was driving to someone's house to visit them. All of a sudden I was at the house on the corner of Beckley and Upper Fredricktown road by the 10 bridge. Y'all pulled up and I went to hug you and both of you pulled out cigarettes and started smoking them. I was horrified! And, then I woke up relieved. But, it must have been a crazy night for dreams because then later I dreamt that two of the Elders here and Sister Stowers were all being sent home. My mind is working too hard when I sleep!

I don't really know what else to tell you. Things haven't been too exciting here. Just the normal missionary stuff. Oh, this Sunday is the third Sunday so I better find something great for you to share. Yeah I can't think of anything. I hope the last couple of emails have something a little more beneficial in them. If not tell the ward that I am doing great and that missionary work is precisely that--work. It might not be happy and exciting, but we have to do it. Whatever you want.

I just looked at those pictures I sent, and I look like a sister missionary.
Yesterday while we were at the Ronald McDonald House we put the lights on their Christmas trees. I couldn't believe it. here I was putting lights on Christmas trees and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. They have a Florida themed tree. I'm excited to see what it looks like. Someone asked me today if I would move back to Tallahassee. I said "No, I like cold weather."

Well, I guess that is it. Hopefully, next week will be a little more exciting. I love you all!

Love, Joanna

No comments: