Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dear Family,

I had a nice long email written, but then I accidently deleted it. I hate it when that happens. I can't even remember what I wrote. Sorry this one won't be as long. I'll probably write a letter today with some of the other stuff in it.

We had a good week. We had our special Zone Conference with Elder Mask. It was excellent. We also had really good lessons. We stayed safe last night with Halloween, because we were to be inside by 7:00.

Thanks for the package. I love the sweater. I looked at that sweater at Target and really wanted to buy it, but I didn't. Thank you! I cut my hair short last Saturday. I would send pictures, but this computer doesn't want to read them off of my card. I'll send them next week.

It sounds like exciting things are happening for Dad and Ben. Soon I'll have to worry about that, but for now I'll just enjoying worry about missionary work. Being able to do missionary work is great! I have loved being on my mission even though there were difficult times. I have never felt more joy and happiness. I don't think we ever understand the effect we have until much later on. I was reminded of that this week at our Zone Conference and then also in a letter I received.

Our investigators are doing really well. Lindsay is getting baptized next Saturday. She is moving to Jacksonville at the end of the semester, which is sad, but something she needs to do. Zach also said he would get baptized which is really exciting. He has such a great desire to do what is right and to make changes. It is really strange because all of our investigators act like members. No one at church really knows they are investigators unless we tell them so.

Well, I think I will write anything else I have to share with you in the letter I actually write. I love you! Thank you for all the love and support. It means so much to know that I have a family who is supporting me in what I am doing.

Love, Joanna

No comments: