Saturday, September 13, 2008





Hi Everyone!

We are having p-day on Saturday due to the football game. It is hard to teach people when they are drunk. We are also going to go to the mall this afternoon, so I am excited. I probably buy something, because I haven't been to the mall and really gone shopping for such a long time! I'm excited.

It sounds like everything is good at home. It looks like to trip to MV was fun, even if it was short. I really liked the pictures, too. I got the pictures you sent from the trip to BYU. It looks like it was a lot of fun.

Sister Stowers is doing well. She is over her cold for the most part. Sister Leafa left on Tuesday, so now Sister Stowers and I can focus hard on her training. She is doing great! At least, it seems like she is farther along than I was when I came out.

It was sad to say goodbye to Sister Leafa. She was the 6th companion I sent home. Why does it seem like I get all the sisters who are going home? At least, I won't be companions with the next two sisters who goes home, and then it will be my turn.

It is hard to believe that I've been out a year! Even though April seems so far away, I know that it is coming really quickly. Soon this semester of school is going to be over. It is also strange that I am back to measuring time by semesters. I thought I was done with that when I graduated... :)

We really haven't had that much rain lately. I was wishing for at least a good rainstorm, but it hasn't happened. Hurricane Ike has caused a gas shortage here. Prices went up about 20 cents yesterday and a lot of the pumps are out of gas now. It's a good thing we don't have to drive.

I guess that is really it for this week. Things are still a little slow, but we are working hard and have seen some good results from our work. I guess I will really get to learn some patience. I know that eventually the work will pick up to what I am used to having.

I am also sending pictures. The first is from the Ronald McDOnald House, the second is our companionship for a week, the third is by the driveway of a Baptist church in our neighborhood, and the fourth is self-explanatory.

I hope y'all have a great week! I love you and am grateful for all of your love and support!

Love, Joanna

No comments: