Saturday, September 20, 2008



Dear Family,

Well, this week was pretty good. We did more tracting which seemed a little more effective than just the normal contacting on campus. We also had some really great lessons with our investigators and the recent converts we are working with. It has been nice to be able to work and see some success from what we are doing.

Last night while we were on campus, these two men came up to us. They were doing something with computers, and wanted to let us know about it. Since we don't really use computers, we had to tell them no, but they were happy about our honesty. Then one of them told us that we looked pure. He said that purity isn't the most common thing seen on campus, and it was good to see it. It was one of the more pleasant interactions that we had yesterday.

One day we also talked to a guy who was wearing a Wisconsin shirt. It was a way for us to start talking to him, and it turns out that his grandparents live in Wausau. He said he really likes Wisconsin. He wasn't too interested in learning more about the gospel though.

Our investigators are really great! They both are member referrals, which tend to be the best type of referrals. Lindsay is a freshman here and is so eager to learn what her friends have in their lives that makes them different. We had a lesson with her on Monday and on Wednesday and after our lesson Wednesday, she asked if we could meet the next day! It was so exciting to hear her enthusiasm. The only problem is that she goes home every weekend and can't come to our ward. She goes to Church and everything, just not here. She did say that she would be staying in Tallahassee next weekend, so she will be here next Sunday.

Our other investigator, Colleen, has been out of town and we couldn't get a hold of her. We thought something was wrong, but on Thursday her friend told us that she was planning on being at Church on Sunday.

It seems like there are quite a few freshmen girls that we are working with/in the ward. There are four of them, and it is so much fun being with them and working with them as well. I think that because Janet is a freshman, too, I feel like they are my little sisters. It is fun.

Sister Stowers is doing great! I love serving with her. She has made a lot of progress in these last couple of weeks. Next week we have zone conference and so she will have her training as part of zone conference. She'll be fine. We have worked hard. It is great to be in a companionship where we are equally yoked together.

I'm excited for zone conference! Y'all know how much I love it. We are focusing on using the Book of Mormon more. It will be excellent.

So, remember how excited I was to go shopping last week? Well, it was very similar to all those shopping trips that we used to take to Mansfield that ended up being somewhat miserable for everyone. It was kind of funny. But, while we were at Target I saw this really cute pair of shoes that I wanted. They were fuschia/magenta moccasins. I really wanted to buy them, but I didn't. I just couldn't bring myself to buy them, since I'll never get to wear them. But, they made me really happy.

Did you ever find the hot cross bun recipe? I really need it for the senior couple at the Institute. She has been really nice to me (and actually has told me that she spoils me), and she really wanted the recipe. If you could email it sometime that would be great! She said she hasn't been able to find it anywhere, and the way she described her mother's recipe sounded just like the ones you make.

I got the family letters this week. It is nice to read them. Here are some pictures of campus. The first one is of the Westcott Building. I believe it is the administration building. The second one is of my favorite fountain. I really like the girls that are playing in the water there.

Today FSU plays Wake Forest. It is a late game. Hopefully, we won't be awakened by drunk fans coming home from the game.

I think that is it for the week. I love you all and am grateful for all y'all's support!

Love, Joanna

No comments: