Monday, May 12, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

Since I talked to some of you yesterday I don't know what to write. It was really good to talk to you. We had a pretty good week this week. We are looking forward to a busy week with lots of teaching appointments. We were really blessed this past week to find lots of people who wanted to learn more. We are really praying that they will be willing to keep their commitments. That is the only way they can truly progress.

We met a lady this week that told us to tell our moms that we are making a difference in people's lives. She is a counselor at the community college here in town. She said that people who make a difference need to be told that they are making a difference, so she told us. It was good to hear that. She knows our recent convert and told us that he has changed a lot, especially since we had started teaching him and he has gotten baptized. It is exciting to see other people recognize the change that having the restored gospel makes in people's lives. She reminded me a lot of Mrs. Burley. She was really nice and let us sit in her air conditioned home to cool off while we were tracting. It was nice.

I also tried boiled peanuts this week for the first time. They were interesting. Maybe I'll try them again sometime. Hopefully, I can get them along the side of the road since Dad says that those would be the best. I was reprimanded by the Branch Mission Leader for not cooking grits for Sister Leafa. He and his wife gave us some for her to try.

Other than that nothing much is new. It has been really hot-yesterday morning when we went to Church it was about 80 degrees. A member told us that it was hotter yesterday morning than any morning last August. I think I might die in the heat! Today however it was cooler.
I love you all and hope you all have a good week!

Love, Joanna

No comments: