Monday, March 17, 2008

Dear Family,
I still haven't gotten your email yet, but I'll go ahead and write to you.

This week was good, but tiring. We have been working hard, so I am going to spend quality time today with my bed and my blankie.

One of our investigators didn't show up for his baptism interview last night. It was a little disappointing, but there are still a couple of weeks until his baptism.

We had Branch Conference yesterday. There were 71 people there and about 15 were from the Stake. Our building was packed full. We had to have people sit in the overflow (the Relief Society room). I could imagine that it was similar to some Branch Conferences that you go to. Mom. It was good though. We are finally getting a branch mission leader. He will be sustained and set apart next Sunday. It will be good to have him be it, so I am excited. Now I just have to learn how to work with one. We've just been using the Branch President, but I'm sure things will be the same, just with a different person. They had a potluck after Church and there was a lot of good southern food.

We also were invited to a fireside that our District leader's ward was putting on. We invited some of our investigators and other people that we hoped would come, but none of them showed up! We had a good time, and were able to talk to the primary president (she drove us) and got some information from her and shared ideas with her as well. The fireside was about the Savior and they did a very good job.

Other than that things are the same. We still haven't gotten transfer information yet, but I am pretty sure I'm staying. I did get the other box of contacts that you ordered. Thanks! And, I'm glad Sarah got to the MTC safely. It was funny to see the same pictures from when I went but Sarah there instead.

Hopefully, before we leave the school I'll get your email. I love you all!
Love, Joanna

No comments: