Monday, March 10, 2008

Dear Family,
I guess this week will be an exciting week for the family. Good luck to Sarah as she goes off to the MTC. Can you believe that it was six months ago right at this time that I was doing all that? I was thinking about that as I got ready this morning and I realized I only have a year (plus three weeks because that will be when the transfer will be). There is so much that I still need to do here! There is not enough time!

I'm sorry to hear that Janet's basketball career is over. There is always the chance for intramurals next year at BYU. And, I am so happy to hear that my little niece will be born in three weeks. I didn't even know when Tracy was expecting, so I was just guessing sometime at the end of March or beginning of April. It's a good thing I know now.

We did have a little bit of cold weather, but nothing horrible. There was a little snow in north Alabama, but we only had a little frost. The time change was a disaster though! Losing an hour of sleep as a missionary is not a good thing. Good thing it is p-day and I can take a nap today.

It was an interesting week. Nothing spectacular happened, but we did get some good things accomplished. This next Sunday is Branch Conference and we have been invited to a fireside in Enterprise, AL that the FSU Institute director is doing. It will be good and I think Donnie will be going, too. Oh, we went to a Catholic Church with a member and her friend on Tuesday evening. They were having a special lecture type thing. We left and were talking to the member afterwards and she said "That's why we have the restoration." She was right on. It was so sad and not peaceful at all. The things the father said was distorted truth that had changed because of the apostasy. Then they recited their prayers and venerated the Relic of the Cross. You could see the bits and pieces of truth that the Church still clung to, but it wasn't the full truth at all. It was confusing and didn't make sense at all. I am so thankful that we do have the fulness of the gospel and all the truth. It makes life a lot better.

I should be staying in Andalusia for a couple more months. The way President Summerhays has talked to me about it is that I'll be here to keep things going just like they have been. You can go ahead and order contacts and send them here. If I'm not here, they can always forward it to me. Also, I'd love my three barrel curling iron!

That is about it. I'm sending real pictures today and I'll write a little more then. I love you all! Love, Joanna

No comments: