Monday, December 3, 2007

Hola family and friends,

This past week was almost work as usual. We had the excitement of Zone Conference, two birthday parties, and the Christmas Devotional to add to the usual rush of missionary work. Sister Mickelson turned 25 yesterday, and we celebrated with her and with the entire branch at the potluck right before the Devotional. The branch takes care of us very well and loves having us here. The other birthday party was for a 16 year old member whose parents are not members. This week the son asked his Dad if he(the son) could baptize him, and the Dad said that would be great. It was such a great experience to be there when it happened. Almost everyone was in tears. Don't worry, I resisted and no tears fell, but the Spirit was SO strong there! It is great to see such amazing things happen. The Christmas Devotional was good. It was hard to be sitting in the little Church building and watching it over the satelite when last year I was actually there in person. However, I know I am supposed to be here for some reason. Zone Conference was great. I love my President Summerhays and Sister Summerhays. They are great! I was called to repentance during it, and am no longer speeding when I drive. We'll see how long that lasts.

A snowstorm that dropped 8" of snow? I'm jealous! I haven't even broken out my jacket yet. Andalusia had a tree lighting ceremony Saturday night and I didn't take my jacket. It was wierd being at a Christmas function and not being bundled up. That's the south for you.

We do have a cell phone. It's nice because we can call people whenever we need to. That is also how I'll be calling home on Christmas. But, due to it being a cell phone and not wanting to use our precious minutes, I'll have to call after 7 pm. We are having a mission conference on Christmas Day so I'll be busy during the day any way. But, just so that you are aware, I will be calling sometime after 7:00 pm on Christmas Day. And, we only get 30-40 minutes. The First Presidency says so. I'm glad the basketball season is off to such a good start. Knowing that my sister is the star of the team is exciting. And, from the other emails I didn't get, I'm just assuming everyone is really busy doing their own missionary work that they couldn't find time to send me an email ;). Life is good and the work keeps moving forward. I love you all, or as they would say here, I love y'all! Joanna

No comments: