Monday, December 17, 2007

Dear Family and Friends,
Things here in Southern Alabama are going along just like normal. Everyone is in the Christmas Spirit. It seems that as a missionary you notice it more than when you aren't a missionary. People are more willing to listen to us and our message about Jesus Christ and the Restoration of his Church because Christmas is all about Christ. It makes missionary work a little more fun.

It has finally gotten cooler-mid 40s for the high. It isn't that cold, but at least it feels like winter instead of the summer heat we had last week. We actually saw some frost when we went out for our exercise this morning.

This past week allowed us to work hard to earn the trust of both our members and investigators through our weekly service. It is great to see the friendships grow as they see that you sincerely care for them enough to work for them. It is great! Andalusia is the home for the World Championship Dominoes Tournament. When we do our community service on Fridays, we help serve lunch to senior citizens. Before lunch time, we get to talk with them, or play any games they might be playing. One group always plays dominoes, so we usually will sit down and play with them a game or two.


The primary presentation went so well. It was pretty short and Sacrament meeting got out early, but that was alright. We had one of investigators who doesn't normally come show up and he said he wished his wife had been there. She would have really enjoyed it. I had to sing one verse of This is My Beloved Son and forgot the words, so I made up some that sounded right. I was too worried about making sure the kids would be able to sing. We had the Young Men and Young Women sing Love is Spoken Here with the kids and it turned out so much better than the practices we had with them the Sunday before.


Sister Chadwick is going home on Wednesday. It will be strange to not have her here with me, but I think it will be good to work with Sis. Mickelson. She is great and works really hard, so I am excited to have her as my companion. She even said that she would bike with me as I ran the Scoresby Scamper on the 26th. I love her. I love Sis Chadwick as well, but she is ready to go home.


I don't think Christmas will be as hard as I imagined. Everyone is so good to us as missionaries. We are having Christmas Eve with an extended family in the branch, so it will be good. Then we have our Christmas Conference the next day. I'm excited. I can't wait to talk to you all either.

I hope all of you are enjoying the week before Christmas with finishing up school and preparing for Christmas. I love you all! Love, Joanna

No comments: