Monday, November 5, 2007

Dear Family,
Things are still good here in Andalusia. We had lots of meetings this past week so we were not in our area and couldn't get nearly as much as we wanted done. But, things are still going well. I love having meetings with other missionaries! There is such strength that can be gained from being around one another. I also love Pres. and Sis. Summerhays. They are great and I wish I could spend all my time working with them.

We are still working with our family of investigators. We got a little scared last night when the mom didn't greet us at the door like she had the past couple of times. Luckily, we were able to bring the Spirit and get her to hear the lesson. She really could tell that what we were teaching about the Plan of Salvation was true. Hopefully, she will keep praying to know that the Book of Mormon is true as well. We still aren't sure what to do with the part member family, but we are working on that. It is hard to know.

The work keeps on going. Nothing really exciting is happening. Oh, there is a new couple in our district and she is related to Scoresbys. It sure is a small world.

This Church is true! You can see it change people's lives. Even as we have been working with members, there is a change in them. We are gaining great inspiration as to help our branch grow. Keep praying for me because I am going to need it as we start working out our plan to find and invite others to this gospel. I love this work! Love, Joanna

Okay, I know I haven't been answering questions lately, but I keep forgetting. The weather switches between cool and warm about every three or four days. It is nice when the weather is cool, because I keep thinking that fall might be coming. We have seen some of the leaves change color, but things are still mostly green. They are in the middle of a drought. It doesn't really look like it, though.

Transfers are coming in a week and a half. There will be some changes, but I should be staying here. I'll tell you more about it next week when I learn more about what is happening.
I think Sarah will go to the Philippines or Taiwan. I will try and send more pictures next week. And, Melissa has a different email address since she got home from her mission, but I think you might have noticed that. Oh, because it does get a little cool, I might need some tights. I will let you know what I decide about that. I need to go email my mission president. I love you! Oh, I got the chocolate covered cinnamon bears and the the pictures from the wedding. They were both great!

I love you, again! Love, Joanna

No comments: