Monday, September 17, 2007


Dear Family,


I am writing my first letter from the MTC! Things aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Once I got going on all the paperwork, it felt like the same old stuff I've been doing. There really was nothing to be nervous about.


I met a sister and her family who are from Mobile, Alabama. She told my companion and I about it and about the Mission President. She said when she left it was 100 degrees and 90% humidity. Her father said if I was ever in their ward, he'd make sure to feed us dinner.


In the "say goodbye to your family" meeting, the father sitting next to me told me that even after 43 years the feeling of that meeting is still the same.


My companion, Sister Carpenter, is nice. She is 22 years old as well. She is from Mesa, Arizona and the youngest of 10 kids. She is also going to Tallahassee. We are the only two in the room which is extra nice. There is room for two companionships in each room and they provide sheets, blankets, and pillows. There were also hangers waiting in the closet.


I was just made Senior Companion. I hope I can be a good leader. I'm sure it will be a good experience for being a "shining star". I have also met the Branch Presidency. They are good.


I hope this makes it home before Sunday so you can find something to share for the missionary report. I didn't give the pass along card away. I had a seat to myself from Detroit to Salt Lake.


My time has run out for this letter. I love you all a lot!


Love, Joanna

No comments: