Monday, June 28, 2010

Book Review: Mansfield Park


With my extra time in the drive thru, I've started bringing a book to work to read. The first book I decided on was Mansfield Park. I love Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice and was excited to read antoher one of her books. Sadly, though, I noticed a theme developing that I could have predicted.

Mansfield Park was very similar to Pride and Prejudice. I've seen Sense and Sensibility and Emma, and it seems like Austen was very much stuck on the idea of the heroine loving someone, but is saved from a despicable relationship to later fall in love with Mr. Perfect.

If you like this type of book, you'll like Mansfield Park.

Next up on the reading list is Tuesdays with Morrie.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ya, Mansfield Park is not my favorite. But I LOVE Persuasion. Ms. Austen even uses a different formula for the plot in that book!

Sarah said...

Yes, a new post! However, Mansfield Park is my favorite after Pride and Prejudice.

Emily said...

I was going to say you should read Persuasion (my personal Austen favorite), but I see someone has already beat me to the punch.

Devri said...

Someone I know is getting married on Saturday!!! Woo hoo!!! Miss you! Wish I could make it to your wedding.