Monday, May 11, 2009

Return of Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson could be identified by a glove, but no he isn't making a comeback. A year ago, my middle finger on my right hand developed a serious case of "eczema" as the dermatologist later diagnosed it. He gave me a medicated cream (Fluocinonide cream 0.05%) to use twice a day to help it return to normal and asked me to come back in in two months. After following very specifically his directions, the check-up appointment resulted in two things:

1. Another prescription ointment (Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment 0.1%). It is not a problem to have yet another prescription lotion around. They work great for dry skin. Instead of using the other one twice a day, I would use the first cream once during the day and the ointment before I go to bed at night. This leads to number 2.

2. I have to wear a freaking glove to bed each night! I almost laughed when he told me that I had to wear it to bed so it would keep the ointment from getting all over everything, but then he went on about how I can cut all the fingers except the middle finger off to make it more comfortable to sleep in. Not only did my finger have problems, but now I had to sleep with a one finger glove on.

He then told me that it should all clear up in six months and I can come back in for yet another return appointment. That was October in Tallahassee. Immediately, my mind fast forwarded six months and I thought "Yeah right, Dr. Chris. I'm gonna be at home and there is no way I am coming back so you can look at my finger."

Needless to say, my finger is much better thanks to my glove. And, I have about a ten year supply of medication cream/ointment.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I sure like you my friend -- Bryan just asked me why I called you Josephine and I laughed :). So I keep meaning to tell you that I didn't change my blog becuase we were the same, I just couldn't find a header to match the other one...and I'm still not completely satisfied with my blog, but it will do for now. How have all your trips been?

Melissa said...

Nice. =D

Tracy said...

Maybe you can be Michael's side kick?? :)