Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hello family!
We are a little later today with our emailing, because we decided to spend the morning part of the day sleeping. It was so nice! By the time that y'all get this Joseph, Tracy, and Afton will probably be there. I'm sure it will be a fun weekend.
We had a pretty good week this week. We worked really hard this week, and it has paid off. The work is progressing. Finally! It still has its moments when it isn't quite as fun and slow, but we have people we are teaching and are coming along nicely. Lindsay and Melanie are both working towards their baptisms and don't have any concerns. I really love teaching them both. They have the greatest spirit about them. We had dinner with Lindsay this week, and we are having dinner with Melanie and her boyfriend and his dad tonight. They introduced her to the Church.
Oh, I'm still here in Tallahassee, just in case you were wondering. Sister Stowers and I will be together for another six glorious weeks here in our favorite area! We were both secretly hoping that we would be transferred, but apparently we haven't learned that things aren't always the way we want them to be. So, I'm going to smile and enjoy every minute of these next six weeks. At least I will try and smile. We'll see.

So, remember how I said the weather was nice and it was cooler? Yeah, well, I forgot that it is Florida and it is back to hot weather. It isn't humid which is good, and it isn't super hot which is good, but it is still hot and it's October! That was a really long run-on sentence, but I wish the weather would be like real weather.

Yes, Brother garr is here this weekend. We snuck in last night and I got to talk to him for just a coupl of minutes. We took the attached picture, as proof that he really was here. He remembered who I was and told all the people that were standing around us that I was his student and that my mom was a missionary when he was in Palmyra. He wanted me to say hi to everyone he knows. He asked if there were any of us still at BYU. I told him about all the girls, since he doesn't know Ben and Joseph. I was really excited to see him. He is going to be around until early Monday morning and is even going to Church in the same building we have Church, but I probably won't see him again.

The dermatologist visit hopefully was useful, but we'll see. He told me that he wouldn't be surprised if it took six months for things to get completely better. Six months? I'll be home in six months! He gave me another prescription, and now I get to sleep with gloves on so that the ointment will absorb better into my skin. Yeah, we'll see how it works. It doesn't seem to be working like the other stuff. Oh well. I guess it is something that I'll have to deal with my whole life. Luckily, we had a recently returned hermana take us to the doctor. She told us fun mission stories and it was really good. She served in Rosario Argentina. Sister Summerhays is going to get me refunded for the visits. It should be about $140 that I'll be getting back.

Don't worry about my credit card. I don't need it. My new debit card will be coming in January though and I will need that one. But, that is in January so we won't have to worry about it. I had to buy some new shoes last week. The brown ones that I wear all the time have holes in the bottoms. We do so much walking. And, it was time for new ones. Whenever it would rain, the water would soak up into my shoes and I would end us walking around in wet shoes for the rest of the day. The shoe salesman we talked to was from Lima. He was really nice and told us the Mormons he always met were nice.

I heard that BYU lost. I was sad. A less-active here doesn't like BYU so he was really excited. Oh well. I'll have to take a picture of some graffiti that proves that even Florida State knows that BYU is better.

I was wondering if you could do something for me. I need some addresses of people. The first is my old roommate Lisa. She got married and is now Lisa Sledge. She is still going to school at BYU so she is on the directory. The other is Kent's. I know he is living in Springville, but I need his actual address.

I bet Stake Conference will be really good. It seems like we never had General Authorities come to Stake Conference when we were young. Maybe it's just that I don't remember it. I remember his talk from Conference last April and it was good.

Well, I think that is it. We are having Zone Conference again this week. I'm excited, as always. I'd love to see pictures from this weekend, especially of Afton. The last pictures I have are of her at three months, and if I am going to be her favorite aunt then I should be kept updated on her. :)

I love you all! Thank you for all of the love, support, and prayers.
Love, Joanna

No comments: