Monday, August 31, 2009

I feel like Jonathan Jordan




I've been there, I've done it, I left it, and now I am back to it. I went back to the good old Single's Ward this weekend. It was just what you'd expect when heading to a Single's Ward. The Bishopric wants everyone to mingle and get to know each other, the Relief Society lesson was on modesty, and about half the ward got new callings. While I don't mind Single's Wards and it will be good to have people my own age in my ward, I'm going to miss the loud Sacrament Meetings, listening to the Primary kids sing for every holiday, and being the unofficial permanent substitute. I know in the end it's the best thing for me. Before I know it, I'll be back in the wonderful world of Family Wards.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

But what did you wear to the Singles ward?

Sarah said...

To which single does the single's ward belong? Or was it a singles ward?

Devri said...

I know what you mean. I must admit, I had a really hard time with my last singles ward. Everyone was great, but I wasn't ready for all that enthusiasm. We're in a married student ward now, but it still isn't the same as a real family ward with all ages from 0-100. I miss those senior citizens!