Monday, June 29, 2009

"Well, aren't you just...crafty!"

Since, I don't have much else to do these days, I've resorted back to one of my true loves: crafting! I've always wanted to be Martha Stewart and, I even told someone once that I was going to be a professional crafter. I guess it gives me the opportunity to make something new from bits and pieces of ordinary things. Here's a look at what I've been creating recently.

Placemats and dinner napkins
(yes, they are pink John Deere)


Memory Books


Jewelry


Now, crafting is a very important thing in our family. It is so important that when we, the daughters, graduate from college we are bestowed with our very own sewing machine from our parents. The day after Thanksgiving is reserved as "the craft day". My own bedroom is also known as the sewing room. But, even though I have to move piles of fabric and fight with the craft boxes under my bed, I would never give up crafting. In fact, it goes to show that what Pres. Uchtdorf said is true. "We each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment." Since it is one thing I CAN do, I guess I'll stick to crafting. Be on the lookout for future creations.

By the way, anyone who can tell me what movie the title is from gets extra bonus points.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I know, I know! Princess Diaries 2. How girlie are we, you with your craftiness and me with my chick flick knowledge. Miss you!

Janet said...

i should get like 493520734896528 bonus points because i was there when you watched the movie so you could make sure it said that.

Devri said...

I knew it was Anne Hathaway that said it. I really like that bracelet...you made it?! That's awesome! I also love my placemats and napkins. You are awesome!

Lisa said...

Wow! So so crafty! You're incredible. I wish I had a sewing machine too... but then I'd also need someone around to teach me how to use it!