Friday, January 25, 2008

Dear family,
Well, due to the fabulous Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, we got to check our email at a member's so we didn't get much time which is why you get a handwritten letter this week. That was one really long sentence. Nothing too exciting happened this week. There was a possibility of snow but we didn't get any. It was cold enough to put a thick layer of frost on our car. We had to scrape the windows before we left to church. I was rather excited. No one else really was.
We keep on working day after day. The weather threw us for a little bit of a loop, but we found some ways to be productive even in the blustery weather. It wasn't always the funnest thing to be doing, but work isn't always fun.

I am the designated driver in our companionship. It is fun, but sometimes I wish I could just sit in the passenger seat for the drive. We spend a fair amount of time in the card especially when we have meetings. At a zone conference a while ago, we watched a safety video about speeding. I have done my best since then to not speed. I think you all should be well-pleased with the effort I am making to change my bad habit of speeding.

This past week, we have really noticed how much the gospel really does change people's lives. One man we are teaching has changed so much. When we first met him, he had a little bit of a temper. He would get upset and really angry and show it. I probably would have been scared to be his coworker before the gospel. Now, he has a lot more patience and doesn't get angry as easily. He has made great changes. I can't think of anything else that can make such a drastic change in people than the truth--full of the gospel. I love it!

Well, I think that is all for this week. Sorry there are not pictures. Next week there will be for sure. I love you all!

Love, Joanna

No comments: